Post Office Job Resources and Career Guidance
The Postal Service now utilizes a streamlined application and testing process for applicants. Jobs are posted on-line at https://usps.com/employment. Postal recruitment notices are often advertised at local postal facilities, in national and local newspapers, publications, journals and periodicals. If there are no vacancies listed for your area on the postal web site contact individual mail facilities in your area to find out when they intend to recruit. Otherwise you will have to visit their web site weekly to check for new job announcements. Also check for related federal civil service and private sector jobs on our jobs board.
Explore and apply for all job vacancies in the government and private sectors to improve you chance of employment.
- Postal Inspectors (https://usps.com/postalinspectors/employmt.htm) The official Postal Service’s Postal Inspector web site.
- Post Office Job Listings (https://usps.com/employment) The official Postal Service’s jobs board.
- Federal Jobs Network (https://federaljobs.net) One of the most popular federal employment sites on the internet today with over 100,000 visitors each month. Visit this site to explore federal job options including jobs with the USPS.
- Career Resources and Links (https://federaljobs.net/links3.htm) Visit this comprehensive compilation of resources and links for the federal government.
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) (https://usajobs.gov) This site posts thousands of job vacancies for the federal government. Visit this site to search for related civil service job vacancies in your area. Some jobs can be applied for online. You can also register for email notification of job vacancies for specific job titles and occupational groups. Includes pay tables and benefits information.
- Health Care Jobs (https://www.federaljobs.net/healthcarejobsva.htm) Explore the lucrative health care job market on this site. You will find a comprehensive career center with job descriptions and job hunting guidance. The health care market offers jobs for anyone with a high school diploma to advanced college degree. Many jobs are currently available in health care.
- Federal Resume Writing Service Professional federal resume and application assistance. Click on the link for costs and a FREE consultation.
- Postal Employee Network (https://www.postalemployeenetwork.com/index.htm) This site is primarily for current Postal employees, however it is an excellent resource for job seekers as well. Visit this site for postal news, postal resources, and postal career support information. Job seekers will find this site a wealth of information, including networking contacts.
- Postal Forum (crazypostal.com) Crazy Postal isn’t out to tarnish the good name of the USPS. Instead, our mission is to provide an open forum for all postal carriers to challenge, discuss and brainstorm. Come and be heard.
- Internships (www.usps.com/employment) The Postal Service is looking for men and women for their Management Intern Program. Requires a master’s degree in business, operations or engineering. Successful candidates enter the two-year program at the EAS-19 level, and upon program completion are placed in a mid-level management position in processing, delivery or retail operations. The management intern program is open to internal and external candidates.
- Postal Worker Unions
- PS-2591 (Postal Application Form) Use this form as a guide when compiling your federal style resume
- PS-2181-A (Pre-employment Screening)
- PS-991 (Application for Promotion or Assignment)
This application provides the review committee and selecting official a summary of your education, work experience, and capabilities in specific areas pertinent to the vacant position. List your education or training and work experience in the spaces provided. Number your entries consecutively in the Reference No. columns, e.g., education or training 1-6, postal positions 7-10, etc.