Postal employees will find abundant employment, benefits, and retirement guidance plus links to valuable resources to help them throughout their career and in retirement. Postal employee’s retirement benefits are generous and this site will direct you to the resources you need to make critical decisions before and after you retire about your retirement options, health, and life insurance coverage.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) manages postal retirements and you will be able to continue generous postal employee’s health benefits, as long as you were enrolled in the program for the last five years. You can also continue life insurance coverage and if you participated in the Thrift Savings plan you have many withdrawal options to consider.
Postal Employees’ Support Menu
Retirement Planning Assistance – Receive a FREE “Personal Summary of Benefits Analysis.” A retirement planning adviser will help you learn more about retirement planning strategies specific to your personal situation. They will sit down with you to discuss your retirement questions, and collect the data necessary to prepare your FREE Personal Summary of Benefits. The Sample Summary of Benefits will show you just how beneficial this service is for Postal employees planning their retirement and retirees that need assistance. (If there isn’t an advisor in your immediate area, someone will call to discuss your situation who can service your needs from an area close by.)
- Government Jobs – Search for related federal government jobs. With the Postal Service downsizing it is a good time to look at transferring to a federal government job in the competitive or excepted service. You will be able to transfer your annual and sick leave balances to your new position plus your FERS retirement system will continue with your new job.
- USPS Internal Reassignment Requests
- You can now submit reassignment requests with the Postal Service at – https://www.usps.com/employment/ereassign.htm. Visit this site to submit your request, to follow up on the status of your requests, and to view each district’s offices and positions. Each request can be for up to five offices and positions within a specified district (you will be required to specify an office and position that you would like reassign to). eReassign will electronically send your request to the Human Resources Office that is responsible for handling reassignment requests for that district.
- Federal & Postal Workers Career Development Center
- Individual Development Plans assist current postal and federal employees to evaluate and achieve their short and long term career goals. Visitors are guided through the IDP planning process and learn how to compile and evaluate their personal assessment, complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP), prepare for interviews, complete their application including KSA development, networking techniques, and much more.
- Take Charge of Your Federal Career
- An IDP Workbook – A practical, action-oriented, career management workbook for federal employees.
- Resume Writing Service
- Use this professional resume writing service for corporate postal positions